Can You Sell an Ebook For a Profit?
OK, I hope you read the post I made about writing an Ebook rather than a traditional printed book…which costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time…and you are not in control of a printed version as much as you are with an online downloadable ebook.
Now, what I get asked more than anything else is “can I make a profit selling ebooks”? Yes, you sure can. Like I said, there are many advantages of turning your writing skills towards downloadable ebooks over traditional printed materials and here are just a few of the most popular.
1. Speed to publish. You can literally be up and running with your ebook in days.
2. Quick and easy to advertise your new ebook on many popular sites. Apple.com, Ebay.com, Craigslist.org, Kindle.com and Amazon.com are just a few of the big guys. Clickbank.com is a site just for downloadable materials like ebooks.
3. You do not need a publisher or editor …that is your job now.
4. Very low start up cost. I can create niche ebooks in a matter of days and have people buying and reading those ebooks almost immediately.
5. You can reach a world wide audience. This is super powerful. You can sell these ebooks to anyone with an internet connection 24 hours a day.
Here is a pretty good video talking about the profit motive and advertising potential of ebooks.